I've been testing for a number of months during development of two products. However, my organization does not have well-established testing process. We are given templates, TT tool, and told to write tests and execute them. I feel rather that in some areas I am paving the way. For instance, as far as I know, I am the first here who started to automate parts of the tests in the company.
However, I do not know whether I am doing the things right. I'm reading testing books. They are perfect to get the knowledge but not skills. I miss feedback to know where to improve.
I receive feedback only occasionally and from limited number of sources:
- From other developers with whom I shared my testing framework and test suites. They are critics of my work as I am of theirs.
- From my own judgement. I know, for instance, I've made group of automated tests too complex to understand what they test. Next time, I'm making them smaller, simpler, classified better.
- From more experienced developers who mentor our team from time to time, when management decides that project goes too slowly.
Where to get feedback on my testing skills?
Sample of issues I would like to have feedback on in my work:
- Did I automated tests for complex data-driven scenarios correctly? Where I did mistakes?
- In this particular case have I done well grouping tests by common DB setup?