I am working on a project to move new feature test cases to build acceptance test suite. Later on I will also be selecting which test cases should be moved to regression suite.
While I was selecting test cases I had the below factors in mind:
- Is the test case robust enough?
- Is it critical to ensure functionality of new feature?
- Test Coverage - Having one test case covering multiple business rules rather than having 2 test cases cover a business rule each
- Sampling of positive use case
- Boundary value tests
- Feature interaction/Integration test
- Sampling of negative use case
I was told that build acceptance suite generally tests only happy paths not negative scenarios. Is that true? If I have missed any other crucial factor for selection please suggest.