Currently we (in the team) are using silktest (for last 8-9 years) and now looking for other tools to replace silktest, it's a different argument on why to look for other tool, setting that aside, here we go. The following are the requirements and would be great to hear your suggestions on this.
- AUT: Web based (with .NET)
- Tool need to interact with Database (MS SQL server) & vb.net utilities (front end for other teams to trigger exec)
- Should be able to run on remote pool of machines. (Scripts run 24x7 on the machines)
- Do NOT need integration with test management tool.
- Open source tools would be great.
- Looking for a robust tool with a strong framework to build on.
I'm in a very small team and would like to hear some constructive comments/criticisms. I was reading all the other similar questions and found that the suggestions were more towards selenium, watir/watin...etc