By internationalization testing I intend testing application with one or more additional languages and one or more additional regional settings (locale).
We expect a number of risks with internalization, and want to mitigate them with proper test cases:
- layout may be a disaster with longer labels
- some characters (German “ö”, Arabic “ݔ” or Spanish “ĕ” ) may display incorrectly
- application may crash with a different language (it will not happen with German language, but what about Japanese ?)
- application may incorrectly recognize default locale/regional settings/language based on OS/browser settings
- applications may mix custom settings with default settings
- application may parse user input incorrectly, Usually the app stores user input in some normalized form, so it should parse 1000.5 and 1000,5 differently, depending on the locale
- application may not distinguish regional settings from language settings (“A French person working with German locale in the Russian office.”)
What other problems with internalization would you expect from Web app?