In my previous company we had a practice of doing smoke testing for 10 minutes before code commit by the developer. A QA need to sit with the associate developer and need to perform a quick smoke test(for details, you may see my blog post http://shantonusarker.blogspot.com/2012/09/pre-qa-essential-step-in-agilekan.html). We are used to follow KAN BAN(customized).
- What should be QA mind set while testing this?
- What are the things need to take care about?
- How they will interact on bug found or not found?
- How can the QA person keep tracking the side issues that arise while working on the assigned task?
- How to make a report to QA team on the test action that he just performed?
We had a practice, but I just want to know if there is more interesting ideas.