The AUT is on Android platform which has experienced slowness or long time loading a section's contents (more than 17s). I can notice the app only has long time loading the first time I enter that specific menu, after that moving in / out the menu does not have that high loading time anymore. (Something of cached contents? I am not sure)
From the web service perspective I know that this action to enter the menu contains of 3 separate requests and waiting for feedback from the webservice. That's why I used SoapUI to make a simple load test to confirm this slowness.
However, the result for the load is not promising:
- max response time: around 20000ms
- average response time: 500ms/1200ms/5000ms (for each 3 requests)
- That is just for 50 threads which result in 0 to small percent of time-out errors.
- If I try to use 400 threads instead (which is a requirement from customer), the timeout errors will be unacceptable (50%)
So, my questions are:
- Is the slowness on the app a result of the sum of these 3 requests: around 7000ms ~ equal 7s? (It is still way much lower than 17s on real device)
- Also, does this appear that the web service can not afford a high number (400) of concurrent users in real working environment?
- Could it be that or am i doing something wrong here?
Thank you. Appreciate all the answers.