I'm having difficulty deciding whether or not using multiple assemblies for a QA system is the right approach to take. Here are some important details:
- The underlying system is a single assembly system
- I'm thinking of using multiple assemblies to separate regression, integration, and unit testing. Can these types of testing be split up using NUnit categories instead of assemblies? Which would be a better approach?
Any other comments regarding the use of multiple assemblies vs a single assembly for a QA system would be appreciated. Thanks.
Addendum: Here is some extra information
- I'm trying to create a QA framework for a large existing project
- I will start by writing system-level regression tests then work on creating integration and unit tests
- I am planning on having three layers of code logic: NUnit > Results management > Underlying system logic