Internet Explorer 8 is a web browser developed by Microsoft, released on 19 March 2009 for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7.
Internet Explorer 8 is the first version of IE to pass the Acid2 test, although it scores only 20% on the Acid3 Test. According to Microsoft, security, ease of use, and improvements in RSS, Cascading Style Sheets, and Ajax support were its priorities for IE8.
Internet Explorer 8 is the last version of Internet Explorer to be supported on Windows XP; the next version, Internet Explorer 9, is supported only on Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems and was released on 14 March 2011.
Microsoft provides free virtual machines for testing websites in IE8. (as well as other versions of IE) See the following link: http://modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools#downloads
- Site Compatibility and IE8
- Standards Compliance Updates in Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer Namespace Support
- CSS Improvements in Internet Explorer 8
- What Happened to Operation Aborted?
- IE8 Bugs
- Addressing Application Compatibility When Migrating to Internet Explorer 8
- -ms-accelerator Attribute
- Compatibility Mode Flowchart