New answers tagged

0

The bug is high severity only so we send the application to the client and find out the severity is priority or not. If its priority then we ask him to wait. Here we found defects/bugs in the last minute of the delivery or release date- Then we have two options Explain the situation to client and ask some more time to fix the bug. If the client is not ...


1

There is no magical answer for this. Your options include: Hide the bug and hope that the customer does not find it before you can deliver a fix. Delay the delivery until the bug is fixed. Talk to the customer about the bug and let them decide how they want to proceed. The choice depends on your circumstances, and no one here knows those as well as you ...


3

Deciding to release with severe bug (and escalate next release with a fix) or postpone release is business decision. QA cannot "assure" quality. QA can "assist" business side with information about quality and process. Business decides what is best allocation of resources: more development, or more testing, or more management and control. In situation like ...


4

This is a simple, if uncomfortable, situation to be in. Unfortunately, it does happen from time to time and you need to be ready for it. The fact that the defect has been found close to the deadline is, in the short term, irrelevant. Your team has found a high severity defect, so you report it. Given the short timescales, you ensure that everyone who ...



Top 50 recent answers are included