|location||Bučovice, Czech Republic, Central Europe|
|visits||member for||10 months|
|seen||Mar 27 '14 at 21:09|
TeXing, Pythoning etc. are just my hobbies, sort of...
I quit all the mailing lists in 2012 because it wasn't to my liking anymore as I needed to preserve my emails to my work, I have also lost interest in Google Groups for the same reason. This format of TeX.SX suits me well, I wish I found it earlier, I was wondering where TeXists share their experiments and unfinished work next to CTAN, TUGboat, CSTUG Zpravodaj etc. where rather finished work is presented.
My contributions in the TeX world:
- I helped Michal Mádr with a translation and polishing of the lshort-czech manual.
- My family and I helped Jano Kula & comp. with organizing the ConTeXt meetings in 2010 and 2013 hold in Brejlov near Prague.
- My colleagues (Zdeněk Wagner, Miloš Brejcha, Jan Šustek and many more), my family and I with support of CSTUG have organized the TeXperience conferences since 2008 (it has been rather local gathering of Czech and Slovak TeXists). These days I have no plans organizing it again this year (2014). Simply said, I used all my ideas and I think TeXists could go to a pub without my intervention.
- I helped with Zpravodaj of the CSTUG.
- These days I am responsible for the TeX section of the OSSConf conference which will take place in Žilina, the Slovak Republic, July, 2-4, 2014. I am doing so since 2010 with Aleš Kozubík, present chief organizer of the conference.
- I was teaching TeX and friends at university in Zlín since around 2004. The faculty management cancelled my course in 2012 without noticing me in advance, so I left university after I had finished what needed to be accomplished.
- I published some books and articles about TeX, but the topics are not important.
- I was working on a book on TikZ+pgfplots, a small collection of older snippets is available at http://striz7.fame.utb.cz/courses/dep/, but I wasn't sure if it is a good idea to work on it anymore after discovering TeXample.
In my work, I am mixing the LaTeX format with the TeX primitives frequently. I keen to LuaLaTeX very much. I like that idea of learning modern programming language and doing some TeXing at the same time. My first testing project of computing something like 1200! (factorial of 1200) used BigNum and BigRat libraries from within TeX.
I was and sometimes I am using all the major graphics engines at a certain level: Metapost, PSTricks, Asymptote and TikZ+pgfplots. I welcomed tikzDevice library in R, TikZ3, I like export options in GeoGebra. I like many packages and dirty tricks.
The Python world: I like Sage, Sage notebook and an idea of the SageTeX created by Robert Mařík from Brno, the Czech Republic.
Now, let's get back to the Lua(TeX) world...
P.S. I can be reached at my display name at gmail dot com.
|bio||website||striz.cz/en||visits||member for||10 months|
|location||Bučovice, Czech Republic, Central Europe||seen||Mar 27 '14 at 21:09|