How do we take input from an excel sheet(data-driven testing) for web app testing after recording a script? making it dynamic is the main issue.
TestComplete offers you two possible ways that can be used to create data-driven tests:
- DB Table variables (Database tables or queries, Excel files, CSV files)
- Table variables
- DDT program object
How to perform data-driven testing:
- Create a TestComplete project
- Record an automated test
- Modify the Data-Driven Test and Assign Input Values
- Change the Operation’s Execution Order
- Executing a Data-Driven Test and Checking Results
So, on step 3 you may use excel file.
More details you may find here:
- http://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/data-driven-testing (Modifying the Data-Driven Test and Assigning Input Values)