We are in the IV&V phase of a web application, which is being developed and tested by a completely separate team. So, the client for which we are working has two vendors one which is developing and testing the software and other is ‘We’ the IV&V team.
As a part of this team we are not concerned about their internal practices, daily activities, team composition and their trackers for task and issues. What we are concerned about the Quality and Delivery of the product, Code Review, Test Plan review, Test Cases review, Process being followed by them should be as per Industry standards & guidelines and responsible for pre-UAT (i.e. we will execute sampled test cases/Validate the flow of the application) (this all detail might be required for phrasing context of my question)
We used to have all of the following and few other metrics, when I was part of the actual testing team
- Defect Density
- Defect Leakage
- Defect Removal Efficiency
- Test Cases Passed/Failed
- Test case execution efficiency
Now my questions are:-
- Are these metrics relevant for me when I am doing IV&V of a project?
- Do I need any quality metrics from their side?
- If answer of 2 is Yes, What are other metrics, which I should ask them to provide from IV&V point of view both for Functional and Non-Functional requirements?