I am new to JMeter and I want to learn how to login to a website using JMeter. So I selected Flipkart site for creating my first test. The steps which I have followed are mentioned below:-
- Created a Test Plan
- Created a Thread Group with
- No of Threads = 1
- Ramp-up Period = 1
- Loop Count = 1
- Used HTTP Cache Manager:
- Checked the option 'Use a Cache-Control/Expires Header when processing GET requests'
- Max Number of Elements in cache = 5000
- Used HTTP Request Defaults:
- Server name = www.flipkart.com
- Used HTTP Cookie Manager:
- Checked the option 'Clear Cookies each iteration?'
- Implementation = HC3CookieHandler
- HTTP Request:
- Path = /
- Method = GET
- Parameters(added) = username :: firstname.lastname@example.org and password :: *****
- Listeners used are 'Summary Report' and 'View Results Tree'
- Used Response Assertion with following configuration:
- Apply to: Main sample and sub-samples
- Response field to Test = Text Response
- Pattern Matching Rules = Contains
- Patterns to Test (added): Hi xxx@g!
- After adding all these elements and configuring the same as mentioned above, I executed the script.
- It shows a result in Response Assertion = Assertion error: false and Assertion failure: true, Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected to contain /Hi xxx@g!/
Please let me know where I have made mistake(s), as I am unable to proceed further with JMeter.