I have to use VSTS 2013 ultimate as a Performance (Load) test tool for one of my project, I have my prior experience in JMeter, but client want only VSTS performance report. I have studied and used VSTS for my hands-on over this tool. As we know every tool has its on way of capturing and executing tests which differs from the other tools, so is in the case of VSTS; I am little unclear about the performance parameters which are provided by VSTS in its load test reports.
Again I tried to search for them but some how different sites are confusing me more with their answers. Here are my questions related to the same:
- What is the difference in Avg. Page Time and Avg. Response Time in VSTS? Which should be greater ideally (I know there can be some exceptions)
- I am always getting Transactions/Sec and Total Transactions values as 'Zero', what I need to do for getting these values? How can I create transactions?
- What is exactly Avg. Test Time? Is this the time taken for executing the load test under consideration? If, yes then does it mean that this is the time in which one iteration of execution can get completed?
- Values like 95%, 90% etc. which are shown in the Table view, these are the Avg. Page Time or Avg. Response Time?
- The goal which is set in the requests is compared against the Avg. Page Time or Avg. Response Time?
- Every time I close and start VSTS and run load tests, it shows results for that duration only e.g. if I have executed a test 5 times, it will show me 5 results in the Test Result section and I can switch to any result I want (fine); but when I restart VSTS on same or next day and execute the test it shows me results for only that day not for earlier days and no such option is shown in the execution drop down of Test Results and Test Run windows too. I know VSTS stores results in a database which exists at some location on my system but don't know how to display those older results in VSTS.
I have referred below mentioned links