There are two sides of this question:
- Your result is not 100% because there is an issue with the Automation test designed by you.
If this is the problem, then definitely you need to improve your automated test cases, so that they execute perfectly (not in terms of approach) but in terms of requirement and coverage. Once they are corrected your result will be 100% and same will be reflected in your reports which can then be shared with the release management team.
- Now the other part is 'Is there a problem with your application, which is throwing some errors because of which result is not 100%'.
In this situation normally we refer to the test plan or the SLA which should be there in the contract. Test plan or SLA (shared with management and client) should provide you the value that under which release is acceptable like in our case one of the client which I worked has clearly said that anything below 100% is not acceptable (whether it is related to functionality, UI or Language requirement). Hence for us until all test cases are passed we never give a 'GO' for the release.
So, something should also be there is your case formal or informal communication, if your test plan says than with 'Low' priority bugs and above 95% of Quality index (i.e. passed test cases) your application is ready for deployment then, you are good to go and there you need to highlight this thing in your Test Report and Release notes (if any) and communicate the same to the release management team too. At this point you will need to educate them that your pass criteria matches the agreed upon condition and so it is a Green light. Create your report in same way where on first look the impression goes that you are meeting the agreed SLA and hence, further explanation may not be required.
And, if your test plan or SLA says it should be 100% then you can't go ahead. This time you will hold on the release and inform the client about the condition that you have 97% pass and 3% fail (with details), then let him decide, because sometimes for meeting the deadline you can compromise over 1 small feature but rest of the X-1 features should work perfectly fine, which will change your 97% to 100%, but keep this decision with Client or Management as you should not delay the release from your end.