- What's the difference between mobile app vs web-app? When testing mobile app, what are things that we need to focus on?
A mobile website is similar to any other website in that it consists of browser-based HTML pages that are linked together and accessed over the Internet (for mobile typically WiFi or 3G or 4G networks). The obvious characteristic that distinguishes a mobile website from a standard website is the fact that it is designed for the smaller handheld display and touch-screen interface.
Apps are actual applications that are downloaded and installed on your mobile device, rather than being rendered within a browser. Users visit device-specific portals such as Apple’s App Store, Android Market, or Blackberry App World in order to find and download apps for a given operating system. The app may pull content and data from the Internet, in a similar fashion to a website, or it may download the content so that it can be accessed without an Internet connection.
A mobile website is instantly accessible to users via a browser
across a range of devices (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, etc). Apps,
on the other hand require the user to first download and install the
app from an app marketplace before the content or application can be
viewed - a significant barrier between initial engagement and
Compatibility – Mobile Websites are Compatible Across Devices A the
single mobile website can reach users across many different types of
mobile devices, whereas native apps require a separate version to be
developed for each type of device.
2.When defining the process, (called Mobile testing process), what's the process that you will suggest to your PM, PO to have a best quality?
Here are the couple of things which we need to make a note of it while testing Mobile Application
- Perform Functional test to check if the App meets its purpose
- Run Usability tests to ensure customers’ comfort in your app
- Test if your App performs well in the background like
Sending/Receiving messages and alerts while the app is running
- Need to check the Memory Consumption
- Check your app in different devices and OS, network conditions
- Ensure the application do not get crashed.
- Ensuring the mobile applications perform well while using data, Wi-Fi
or other connectivity
- Run Backward and forward compatibility testing before moving the new changes
- Verify by installing, reinstalling and updating the app
- Verify both Mobile orientation(Portrait and Landscape)
- Testing Social network integration(if any)
Run Security Testing
- What's the difficult thing that you meet or you think we will meet in mobile testing?
Applying Test Automation