It's easy to specify the requirements for web-applications used on laptops (max-min screen width, set of browsers, set of OS) e.g.:
- screen from 1280 x 802 to 1600 x 992px liquid layout, and static for bigger screens
- browsers IE9-11; Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari (last version)
- OS Windows, Mac OS
There are billions of mobile devices which can handle web-applications. So how would you specify the range application is developed for? And testing strategy to cover this range?
The criteria I've found so far:
- operating system: Android / iOS
- landscape and portrait layout
- width from X1 to X2 px adaptive layout
- should I specify devices directly Samsung XXX, BlackBerry XXX, iPhone X...?