In a series of applications my team is building we would like to test our
export functionality, which requires the respective
download to be automated.
Export functionality is simple, but tied to the UI:
- the end-user needs to be able to click on a button on the web UI
- then the resultant export file is downloaded.
import uploads, the idea is:
- to have a local file relevant to the application
- then use the web UI to upload this file
- then test the import functionality.
Ideally I'm looking for the ability to do this via
Selenium IDE, but as I understand it, that is not possible.
Can this be done via
Selenium WebDriver (via C#)?
If not, what is the best strategy to test this functionality? I'd like to test this as the end user and not simply pointing to some back-end URL to perform these tests.