I am working on a test automation project for a webpage portal.
What I want to achieve is:
- Perform a HTML encoding conformance test; I have noticed that there are a number of missing tags, un-escaped characters and etc in its HTML.
- Spider this web and index all items for comparison purpose; by doing this, I can find out if a new element is added or if an element is missing.
- Take a snap shot of the Q&A section as I have noticed a large portion of its text is not in English. After the developers (based in a foreign country) write Q&A in English, I want to make sure texts stay in English.
- Click on all "link" elements, making sure they are valid, e.g. there is no 404.
- Implement automated tests on filling a form, inputting a password, making a choice from a drop down list and etc. (This is the bulk of this project)
Is there any other things I am missing from my list?