I am having trouble choosing a good browser when automating a web application. Among the browsers I have considered are Firefox, Chrome, Safari, PhantomJS
I am particularly looking for comparisons of:
- framework support, especially Selenium but also other frameworks
- page/content loading time
- execution speed
- automation support
- link navigation
- opening other window or alert handling strategy
What are the advantages and disadvantages of different browsers with respect to these areas?
Currently I am using Firefox but I have observed issues like
- overlong page loading time,
- click does not always work when used with text/link text
I have not been able to find a simple, understandable comparison of browser support for Selenium and related automation tools particularly in terms of how well they handle automation of important features like link navigation, filling out forms, managing alerts or popup windows, and so on.
My project does not have any unusual functionality. I just want to be able to be able to build my automation cleanly.