Currently, I am performing a research focused on the effects of rotation in software development.
So, I'm interested in understand how developers, software engineers, testers, that is, all individuals participating in the software development process, see and feel about this practice of rotation among projects or teams, that many companies apply.
So I was wondering, if someone around here has experienced this in his/her job. Like, you are in the middle of a project and the manager rotated you to another project. You had to leave your team, your tasks were assigned to another person and you start to work in a different project with a different team.
I'd like to know how does it feel, like,
- how was this experience?
- How did it happen?
- What were the positive aspects (good things that the rotation brought)?
- What were the negative aspects (bad things that the rotation brought)?
- How did it affect your performance at work?
- How did it affect your previous team?
- How do you see or what do you think about this process of rotation among different projects in the middle of the development?
I am very thankful in advance for all the answers.