Ranorex has its own IDE, Ranorex Studio. It seems that Ranorex does not integrate into Visual Studio very well. The only available Ranorex blog entry describes the bare minimum of compiling a Ranorex script in Visual Studio. It does not offer the full functionality such as recording new objects into the repository, recording tests etc. Also, perhaps I can't reuse my VS Plugins in Ranorex Studio (related question).
For the following 2 reasons I don't want to miss Visual Studio:
- we have developers that are familiar and productive with it.
- our VS tool chain (consisting of NCrunch, OzCode, Visual SVN, ReSharper, NDepend, dotTrace, Reflector and DevExpress) works very well.
Therefore I'm looking for an alternative to Ranorex that integrates into Visual Studio. Unfortunately we have the full technology mix, so it must
- support SAP
- support Java applications
- support Browsers (Firefox and IE at least)
- support C# Winforms and WPF
- support Win32 applications
at the same time. This e.g. rules out Silk Test which cannot identify SAP controls and Win32 controls in one session (we have a license and that's actually the reason why I'm looking for something else).
It must work on Windows and needn't support mobile applications. At the moment I don't care about the price. Commercial support must be available.