A few years ago we converted from Excel spreadsheets to TFS 2013. MTM (Microsoft Test Manager) was bundled at the time and had out of the box compatibility with TFS. Recently we have been looking at moving to automation and are running into a few snags. Management is no longer satisfied with the defect traceability of MTM, and testers are not able to easily implement automated scripts.
I was hoping you all would be able to recommend some testing software that meets the below qualifications:
- Ability to run both manual and automated scripts.
- Connect to TFS 2013 for linking requirements, defects, test cases, user stories, etc.
- Be able to nest test cases.
- Create test run summaries that can then be sent to customers.
- Must be able to run both web and local applications.
There are other features that are important to the company, but the above fit our immediate needs.
I have been tasked with comparing alternative testing tools, but it seems like very few programs are compatible with TFS. What software does your company use to connect with TFS? How does it suit your companies immediate needs?