I just setup Robot Framework yesterday. I went to youtube to see some videos on how to set up and I found one that was just uploaded last month. I follow all the steps and I numbered it below.
- Installed Python 2.27 and added it on Environmental Variables
- Installed RobotFramework (3.0.2) using pip install robotframework (cmd run as Administrator)
- Installed Selenium 2 Library using pip install robotframework-selenium2library
- Downloaded the browser drivers (chromeDriver, GeckoDriver and IE Driver) and added on Environmental Variables
- Dowloaded the Robotframework Database-Libary ZIP, then extracted the downloaded zip file
- In cmd, I then key in python setup.py install (SUCCESS)
- Next, I installed the database APIs through pip install py mssql (SUCCESS)
- NOW, I downloaded PyCharm Community 2016.3 Installed IntelliBot plugin on PyCharm
I have created a project FirstProject. Under it I created a directory testsuite. In testsuite, I created my testcase1.robot and copy pasted some sample robot framework test on the editor and run it using command pybot testcase1.robot
However, I encountered an error saying [ERROR] Parsing 'testcase1.robot' failed: Data source does not exist.
Here's my code. It'll simply open facebook website through Chrome browser
*** Settings *** Documentation This is my first robot framework test script Library Selenium2Library *** Variables *** *** Test Cases *** open browser http://www.facebook.com chrome close browser *** Keywords ***
======================================================================= Regardless of my code, did I miss something on my configuration? If not, what's wrong with the code? If fixed, will that make my test run? Any feedback is well appreciated. Thank you!