The following question appeared in a sample exam question :
Q. 157: According to the ISTQB syllabus, major ways to handle risks are:
- I. Mitigate the risk through preventive measures.
- II. Make contingency plans to reduce impact if risk occurs.
- III. Transfer the risk to someone else to handle.
- IV. Ignore and accept the risk.
A. I, II and III true
B. I, II and IV true
C. II, III, IV true
D. I, II, III, IV true
The answer chosen by the site was D which means that it is OK to choose any of the four options to handle risk.
My question is : Is it advisable to do the following as a method of handling risk?
- Transfer the risk to someone else to handle.
- Ignore and accept the risk.