I am working on a process improvement effort, and I need to get our QA operations up to the industry standards.
I am exploring the various systems available in the marketplace which help to store information associated with software development. We currently are using Wrike for defect tracking, but Wrike is task-oriented.
The ideal system I am looking for has these characteristics:
- Allows storing requirements
- Allows storing test cases and allows grouping them into suites and sets
- Allows storing test results on per-build basis; a failed test case should be associated with a defect
- Allows storing defect/issue information
- Allows storing build information
- Has code repository (git is preferred)
- Has a Wiki or a similar system where knowledge can be stored
- Has integrations with other systems and/or has a good API so we can integrate it ourselves
I have already reviewed the following systems:
- qTest by QA Symphony
- Jira/Confluence by Atlassian
- RallyDev by CA Agile
They are all interesting systems; some are more suitable than others for our needs. Cost is certainly a factor; an open source system would be of interest, but I am considering commercial systems as well.
I am looking for additional systems to evaluate. Any suggestions?