There is one practical task which we are using since 5 year to analyze the right candidate for QA position. The task contains following things -
- Functional document : Candidate have to read whole document around 50 pages and come to know about the project goal
- We are asking to write UI and Functional test cases for 5 modules
- Asking to provide Test plan, Test cases for all 5 modules, Test Summary report and bug report.
- We send the mail to candidate and give time for 2 days
But it seems frustrating to candidate that we are asking these many things. So we are planning to revise it but there is no senior QA person who can provide us the guideline.
So my question here is what could be the things which we include in and can analyze the better candidate based on.
I'm thinking about to write some scenarios like :
- Test scenarios for payment gateway testing
- Basic security test checklist for a web application (we mostly work on e-commerce application)
Can someone help us to determine what should we include ?