This is a continuation of Speeding up end-to-end tests topic, but a more specific one.
Currently, it takes ~5 hours for our daily end-to-end testing run to complete. What can we do to improve on speed?
- ~1024 tests
- tests are written in Protractor/Jasmine
- tests are executed remotely on BrowserStack using a single session
- a local build of the application is under test - using "local" BrowserStack flag to allow local connections
- it is Chrome, Windows 10 only at this moment
- to tackle flakiness, we've intentionally slowed down Protractor's Control Flow by 150ms
I understand that we have a lot of tests and end-to-end tests are generally slow, but I hope we can cut the execution speed.
Please let me know if any more details are needed.