i am using jmeter for api load testing but i face one problem that i need to do load testing for full website with full workflow ,having little idea how to test but it didn't work for full workflow,please do just me how to do api loading testing using jmeter.
closed as unclear what you're asking by IAmMilinPatel, Bharat Mane, c32hedge, alecxe♦ Oct 10 '17 at 17:02
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
The idea of the load testing is simulating application real usage.
Imagine that each JMeter thread is a real user and design your test in this way so each JMeter's virtual user would act like a real user, for instance:
- Open login page
- Wait until page is loaded
- Locate credentials input
- Type username and password
- Click login button
- Wait until home page is loaded
- Search for something
- Go make some tea
- Return and click on a search result
In general you should be acting like:
- Record your test scenario using JMeter's HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder
- If you have more than one test scenarios - repeat step 1 for each. Make sure you put different groups of real users into different JMeter Thread Groups
- Perform correlation if required.
- Perform parameterization if required
- Run the test with 1-2 users/loops and inspect request and response details in View Results Tree listener to ensure your test is doing what it is supposed to be doing
- Add more virtual users
- Run your test
- Analyse results using HTML Reporting Dashboard