I am new to HP QTP / UFT Automation tool. Could you please suggest some free good websites that provide elearning, training, tutorials, and videos for mastery of HP's QTP software.
What is QTP?
HP’s Quick Test Professional (QTP) is a software that facilitates Automation Testing for software applications – Functional and Regression testing to be more specific. QTP comes with a user interface that can be considered an Integrated Development environment (IDE) for the test itself. The IDE has various features that aid the tester to develop a comprehensive script which would successfully validate the purpose of the test. All these features will be discussed in detail as we proceed through the series of these articles.
Some of the important aspects of QTP:
- It uses VB Script as its scripting language. (A scripting language is one that gets interpreted at runtime)
- QTP runs only in a windows environment.
- The current version of QTP / UFT is 14.00 Released January 27, 2017
- Former software division of Hewlett Packard Enterprise is now part of Micro Focus
- The technologies it supports are Web, Java.Net, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Web Services, and many major languages. Although some of the older versions don’t support all the technologies listed.
- Get a 60 day trial of UFT at https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/products/unified-functional-automated-testing/free-trial