I am writing test case for my application. My application is a windows based application.My application is a news report app. Reporting the current update like sports live update... So when I download and run the application, while it create the database and when I insert, update, delete , edit the application, the database should be change the values. What are the sql queries to test my database ? How to write an effective test cases for this ?
The good way to write effective test cases & make the testing process more saving time and effort. Here are some points to follow while creating test cases:
- Keep your test cases simple and easy to understand
- Include end-user perspective
- Provide test case description
- Include assumptions and preconditions
- Give the steps involved
- Give details of the test data
- Make it reusable and modular
- Assign testing priority
- Provide the expected result and post conditions
You can follow below points in addition of above points for effective test case writing:
- Written test cases should have a label attached to it i.e. if test case is created for sanity or regression etc.
- You should be able to easily sort the test cases that can also be achieved if you add labels for modules/features it covers.
- Test cases should be descriptive enough so that any layman can execute it by reading steps.