When we prepare for ISTQB exam Foundation Level with version 2011 then a new version 2018 becomes available just before the exam.What shall we do? Shall I reschedule the exam and prepare 2018 or I can take it with old version? Thanks.
Yes you can take it still. Looking at istqb.org, there are two links to the 2011 and 2018 syllabus, where the updates a listed on Page 3:
- [12-June-2017] Alpha review release - Certified Tester Foundation Level Syllabus Major Update 2018 – see Appendix C – Release Notes
- [22-November-2017] Alpha review 2.0 release – Certified Tester Foundation Level Syllabus Major Update 2018 – see Appendix C – Release Notes for details
- [9-December-2017] Alpha review 2.5 release – Technical edit of 2.0 release, no new content added
- [15-January-2018] Pre-cross-review internal version 2.9, incorporating Core Team edits.
- [19-January-2018] Cross-review internal version 3.0.
- [12-February-2018] Candidate beta version
- [27-April-2018] Candidate general release version
So according to their revision history, there have been two major updates since 2011, and the press release stated that:
This 2018 syllabus has more emphasis on reviews and less on test management, compared with our 2011 version. We have reduced the number of K1 learning objectives from 27 to 15 to focus less on remembering and more on being able to apply knowledge.,” says Klaus Olsen, ISTQB® Foundation working group chair.
... and so you could argue that they aren't that major in the grand scheme of things.
If you've been studying for the 2011 version, then you have until June 2019 to take it... before it gets replaced with the 2018 version. Personally, I would keep to your current exam and sit the 2011 paper - good luck!
Yes you can take up your exam as per your schedule. As per the press release from ISTQB this 2011 syllabus has the validity upto June 2019 for all English language exams.
This 2018 syllabus has following updates in terms of software development
- Agile methods
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Delivery pipelines
Have a little knowledge on these topics before taking upto the exams. It will be useful for you to have a better knowledge on these topics for your career.