There is registration page we have introduced captcha to, and we need to test it manually - what are the possible test cases for captcha?
- CAPTCHA is present on the page.
- CAPTCHA field should be required for every login action.
- CAPTCHA code should not be repeated.
- CAPTCHA should not be copyable by mouse/selection.
- CAPTCHA should be changed if the page is refreshed.
- New CAPTCHA should be generated if the wrong CAPTCHA was entered by user.
- CAPTCHA can be case sensitive (According to requirement).
- CAPTCHA should be readable/visible by human.
- CAPTCHA should be displayed completely. Not cut by sides.
- User's IP should be blocked by website if incorrect captcha submission attempts is reached.
Validate user is presented with ReCAPTCHA
Validate user cannot skip ReCAPTCHA
Validate user can successfully finish ReCAPTCHA
Validate user failed ReCAPTCHA will increment fail counter by 1.
Validate user is presented with Verify ReCAPTCHA (when the first captcha is correct but it needs to be verified further).
Your tests need to be clear that you are not testing ReCaptcha, you are testing the integration with ReCaptcha
Just a couple, but you need to validate success, presentation of the captcha and failed attempts.
There can be various test cases which can be followed in functional testing services. Below are some of the important ones:
- Validate that the system accepts valid Captcha.
- Validate that the system rejects the invalid Captcha.
- Validate that the Captcha code resets as the system reloads.
- Validate that the Captcha changes as the user enters wrong value.
- Validate the readability of the Captcha.
- Validate that the user receives new captcha on clicking the link.
- Validate that the user receives information about how to use the captcha, on clicking the help button.
- Validate that the audio version of Captcha is working