I was preparing for taking the 2011 ISTQB CTFL exam, using Brian Hambling's "Software Testing: An ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation guide".
It is possible to take the 2011 version up to June of 2019, and my exam was supposed to happen in April/May.
But now it has been postponed to mid-June and I need to take the 2018 version.
Does anyone have experience on what is the difference and if it is enough to prepare for the exam using the abovementioned text-book even for the 2018 Syllabus test?
According to Adam Roman's "A Study Guide to the ISTQB Foundation Level 2018 Syllabus", main differences between the syllabi are:
- Fewer K1 Learning Objectives in general
- Less focus on Chapter 5 Test Management
- More emphasis on review
- Static Analysis by Tools sections is removed
- More emphasis on test techniques in Chapter 4.
- White box techniques downgraded (whatever that means)