Actually a very good question and somehow hardly discussed so far.
Is there a checklist - for test engineers and test managers when they start into a project?
Basically yes clear at least from Testmanager side that one follows here the guideline:
- Clarification of the Test Methodology
- The Test Deliverals
- Resources and Enviroments Requirements
But I've been looking for a uniform checklist for direct access to a project for quite some time.
How do you proceed here?
- Meetings in which many things are clarified first?
- Analysis of the existing test systems?
- Analysis of the existing tools?
- Talks with the developers?
My procedure here is accordingly in the upper enumeration.
Within 2-3 weeks after the new entry, I form an extensive basis on which to build.
Also on the basis of what is needed now, this can be a test plan in the project or a complete concept in other projects.
In this context I would be interested in another point of view.
How do you approach the topic when starting a new project?