In my current project, there is planning regarding a load and performance test within a staging environment and Jenkins pipeline based.
The question I'm only asking myself when and where to start in the individual stages, if we look at the possible test procedures of the performance and load test (based on SoapUI), I have various choices here which would inevitably be used in the ACC and STG environment, some of the procedures of course in production.
API Performance Testing
- Baseline Testing - Goal: Find metrics for system performance under normal load.
- Load Testing - Goal: Find metrics for system performance under high load.
- Stress Testing - Goal: Find the system breaking point.
- Soak Testing - Goal: Make sure no unwanted behavior emerges over a long period of time.
- Scalability Testing - Goal: Find metrics and check if the system performance changes appropriately to the load.
Which load and performance test can I use in the DEV staging environment?