In my new project I have to put together a new test team. The PO would like to know from me in advance how I will carry out the planning in this regard. The initial situation is as follows:
- No test structure available
- No test concept - no test plan
- No test structure - Hardware
- Unclear which test frameworks are available
- It is unclear what level of education the testers have. Will work remotely.
In the current planning I would like to use a higher number of testers at the beginning to define a basic set of test cases (after an analysis) and write them accordingly. Later on, I'd use a base of testers, which I'd end up with and replenish before the go-live.
Of course it has to be clarified in advance which test framework will be used.
So I would be interested to know which setup is planned for testers from the beginning of a project to the go-live?
What would make sense and what is not advisable?
- It is a webproject based on Magento Cloud. But at the same time it still has connections for sales.
- Currently 8 developers, no tester and 2x PO are working on the project.
- The total size of the company is 20. It is a startup which was founded in 2018.
- There is no test structure, no test tools, no suitable workflow, no test days, no API gateway.
- It will be a mix, especially at the beginning of course I have to assume that we will not be able to automate all test cases in the near future. But it will definitely be highly automated in the course of development.