In my current project I work with different test teams, some of which work in different time zones, and also in different projects. However, all projects work on a common main project.
Since we need a uniform definition of Ready and Done, which also applies to all test teams, I developed the following DoR and DoD with the PO and the developers.
But we see several problems at the same time:
- On the one hand, we want to make sure that we have the right definition of Ready, because we also have developers who work as a team in different time zones.
- On the other hand, we want to start the test early. Here we work with different test days and connections to WSO2, Salesforce and Magento. This is also how the corresponding test teams are set up. The test teams manage one area at a time.
Current planning of the Definition of Ready and Done:
Definition of Ready
- User story is defined in JIRA
- INVEST criteria are met (Story is Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimatable, Small, Testable)
- User Story is estimated
- Acceptance criteria are defined (at least 1)
- All dependent UX/UI-Design are approved by client
Definition of Done
- Acceptance criteria are fullfilled
- No known Bugs
- Unit Tests are green
- Technical Documentation has been updated
- How can we secure our DoR and DoD planning so that different test teams can work in different time zones?
- How can we determine at an early stage that the quality of the external teams already has a high standard in development?