I've been using Selenium for a while but with a slightly different scope (actually constraints). Instead of running a test for a particular site, I'm interested for instance in filling in a web form from a third party site and get some result, for instance downloading a file, to ensure its quality. So, I'm mainly interested in using Selenium to interact with a browser. So far, so good. I've been able to achieve what I wanted.
So, as I'm not interested in "testing" using a Unit Testing Framework like MSTest, I started to use Selenium in a normal C# console application. That worked great!
Afterwards, instead of launching Selenium from a Console I tried to do it from: 1) a WCF Application; and also from 2) an ASP.NET Web Application. Those 2 approaches worked fine while being launched from within Visual Studio.
However, when I deployed and tried to run those 2 different approaches the Seleniumn InternetExplorerDriver server (the same with chromedriver) was never launched as opposed to what happened when being run from the Console Application.
I'm getting the following error:
OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: A exception with a null response was thrown sending an HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for URL http://localhost:3227/session//window. The status of the exception was ConnectFailure, and the message was: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3227 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
I'm stuck there. I guess it may have to do with who is the Host from where the Selenium Web Server is being run and their privileges. That's whether it is a Console, a WCF App or an ASP.NET Web App (hosted in IIS) but I don't know what to do or where to look to sort this out.