Background: We are a software as a service company, focusing on education sector. Lately, we decided to have a meeting that involves all Devs/qa to go through each ticket in our upcoming sprint and pool together ideas such as
- where this ticket can go wrong?
- which code base it impacts the most?
- what are some potential edgy cases?
- what bugs have we discovered in the past related to the ticket under discussion?
I am thinking of compiling a list of all previously discovered bugs and categorise them based on:
- which feature a bug is raised against?
- which version of API it is raised against?
- which customer reports it?
So when we have a discussion on a given ticket, we can easily relate this ticket to previously raised bugs.
I am going through Jira and pulling bug tickets into a Google spreadsheet atm, for a starter.
- People will have to do a manual search and look for tickets that are related to a feature.
I am wondering how we can streamline this process into our workflow, making it more accessible and easier to use.
Any suggestions? Is there a better tool to use?