I have question about JMeter PerfMon plugin which is measuring percentage use of CPU which my Dropwizard app is consuming. Important things to mention:
- Operating system is Linux Fedora 31 64-bit OS.
- I have Intel i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz x 4 processor on my DELL laptop computer
- I'm running both client and server on SAME device
- I run jmeter-server in order to be able to collect Dropwizard-Metrics via JMX by running
java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=4711 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.rmi.port=4711 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -jar ./target/DW-Bookshop-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar server config.ymlcommand
- I run downloaded ServerAgent-2.2.3 via
./startAgent.shcommand so graphs for PerfMon plugin can be generated
...I get this graph generated for PerfMon plugin:
What bothers me is HOW CAN violet color line (CPU DWApp-CPU%) be going OVER 400 when my machine has 4 Logical CPUs (as my Intel processor supports hyper-threading)? Please note that I've also set PID value to measure ONLY Dropwizard's app CPU percentage usage in
Metric parameter field.
Any help/suggestion is more than welcome.