I got a requirement to do performance testing comparing the old system with the new system. Basically migrated from the cloud to AWS so the requirement is to check the performance for all the critical functionality. Can anyone please suggest me the best tool to do this and what sort of approach I can follow? Also please suggest to me how I can record and show the evidence? any tools?
Basically you need to implement a load test
- Implement the scenario(s) of your application usage by real users (or other systems) using a load testing tool
- Execute the test against the "old" system and collect relevant metrics, the key ones are:
- average response time (as well as percentiles)
- throughput (number or requests per second)
- number of errors
- Execute the same test against the "new" system and collect the same metrics
- Compare "old" and "new" ones, the "new" ones should be not worse than the "old"