How do you track trends in the industry? Do you use any tooling for this?
I don't use any tooling for this, just a combination of the following:
- reading testing materials (blogs, books, ...)
- reading job ads for testing positions
- participating in testing communities (locally in my country, here)
- following some other testers on LinkedIn and reading what they share about testing
- reading (and learning) about what devs, devops, ... people use, because that affects (if not now, then in the future) my job as well