What are the main points that should be included in a test strategy test automation document for a particular project? I'm not looking at details but more of a high level overview.
I've found that there are not so many test strategies or approaches to the topic of test automation, and even here you can find a lot of information on the normal test strategy, but no basic high-level strategy, which surprises me.
For example I'd expect headings like this:
- What Is Automated Testing?
- Automated Testing Strategy
- Step 1. Choose Cases for Automated Testing
- Step 2. Hire an Automation Engineer or a Team
- Step 3. Select the Right Automation Tool
- Step 4. Create the Test Automation Framework
- Step 5. Getting Your Team Up to Speed With Automation
- Step 6. Setting Up the Testing Environment
- Step 7. Developing An Execution Plan
- Step 8. Writing Scripts
- Step 9. Reporting
- Step 10. Script Maintenance
Is this a reasonable expectation for a general test strategy document for a test automation project? (Assuming that details would be added to cover the specifics of a project).