In our team, we want to emulate certain high loads in production over and over again as a kind of load and performance regression, so to speak. Within one test stage.
We use Datadog for monitoring and can therefore detect the high load and where the corresponding peaks occur.
The setup we want to build:
- Datadog to detect high load and peaks.
- Jmeter for the emulation of high load and performance.
- A CI integration of Jmeter and Jenkins to have continuity here.
- Is it possible to use automated monitoring results to use them via CI directly automated in Jmeter for example? And thus create an emulation?
- How often should you do performance regression tests? What is your opinion here?
- Are there other solutions for a setup in which you can emulate a correspondingly high load in Jmeter or another tool via monitoring?