I read through How Google Tests Software and was quite curious about the BITE project. The main idea is to reduce friction in manual testing by allowing the following to be done without leaving the browser
- record bugs directly to a bug database
- automatically take a screenshot of page where bug is found
- save the HTML of the page
- have the steps to generate the bug automatically recorded
- display bugs already reported on the page (to reduce repeat testing)
It doesn't look like this BITE project is still under very active development or widely used which makes me question if it's a good avenue to look into (and spend valuable time going through the set-up proccess). Does anyone have experience with tools that have similar functionality?