As i came across this code,


so wanted to know why and when to use this kind of key.

1 Answer 1


This is a Japanese modifier key which will change between Hankaku (half-width) and Zenkaku (full-width) characters. To try and visualise this:

Hankaku - 12345

Zenkaku - 1 2 3 4 5

As to which key it is bound to on the keyboard, F9 and F10 are common bindings. F10 will change from Zenkaku to Hankaku, and F9 from Hankaku to Zenkaku.

Source - Wikipedia

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.