1) We get any new project there is an initial project familiarity meeting
2) Discuss on who is the client? What is the project duration and when is its delivery? Who are all involved in the project i.e. manager, Tech leads, QA leads, developers, testers etc.?
3) Software Test plan
4) Developers start coding from the design.
5) The project work is divided into different modules and these project modules are distributed among the developers.
6) Tester is to create test scenario and write test cases according to the assigned modules. We try to cover almost all the functional test cases
7) When developers finish the individual modules, those modules are assigned to the testers.
8) Smoke testing is performed on these modules and if they fail this test, modules are reassigned to the respective developers for a fix.
9) If any bug is found that gets assigned to the module developer and get logged in bug tracking tool.
10) On bug fix, a tester does bug verification and regression testing of all related modules
11) Different tests are performed on individual modules and integration testing on module integration.
12) These tests include Compatibility testing i.e. testing application on different hardware, OS versions, software platform, different browsers etc.
13) On passing all the test cases test report is prepared and the decision is taken to release the product!
14) Process of project life cycle.