An excel sheet having rows and columns, each cell accept 1 to 6 numeric values. How to check 1000 columns? what are the technique following for this?
To check that cells in excel sheet contain values between 1 and 6 do the following,
- Select all the cells that you want to check.
- the header of excel click in Conditional Formatting.
- In the drop down menu that appears click on new rule.
- A New Formatting Rule window will appear.
- Select rule type - Format only cells that contain.
- Now look at the edit rule description section.
- In Format only cells with section leave first 2 options selected as Cell Value and Between.
- In the next 2 fields insert 1 and 6.
- In preview click on Format button.
- In the Format Cells window select color of your choice and click OK button.
- Click OK button in New Formatting Rule and all the cells with values between 1 and 6 will get colored with your selected color!!!
Fastest way to check if all cells have a value between 1 and 6 is to use the COUNTIF function. Put it somewhere in your sheet, update the range and verify it returns 0.
Now if the result is higher than 0, use the coloring technic in the answer of Milinpatel17 to find the cells that are off.