Angular ships with directives which add two-way data binding, DOM control and unrolling, code-behind DOM, form validation, and deep linking.
AngularJS was developed and is maintained by Google, and is used internally by 1600+ apps. The initial release took place in 2009.
- The AngularJS philosophy encourages developers to design their client architecture using advanced software principals like dependency injection, separation of concerns, testability, and a file structure.
- Teach your browser new tricks by adding behavior to HTML tags/attributes
- Controllers provide code-behind DOM with clear separation from the view
- Two-way data binding without the need to extend or wrap the model objects
- Dependency injection assembles the application without
- Promises/futures remove many callbacks from code when communicating with server
- Views and routes
- Form validation
- Strong focus on testability
- Extend HTML with your own behavior
- Angular uses spinal-case for its custom attributes and camelCase for the corresponding directives which implement them